Tips for Sellers
Tips to keep your transaction on track:
- Promptly complete and return the documents in the Seller’s Opening Package
- Provide the your lender contact information and account number(s) for payoffs
- Order HOA documents as soon as possible to avoid expedite fees. (if applicable).
- Be responsive and assist us as needed to transfer solar contract (if applicable).
- Inform us if you are in the process of divorce or if a spouse/partner has recently died.
- Provide specific instruction on disbursement of proceeds
- Make sure the property is available for inspections and work promptly to order any repairs.
- Inform your escrow officer if you’re involved in negotiations with your existing lender (delinquencies) or if there are any legal proceedings, such as probate that may affect the property.
- Let us know if the escrow is part of a 1031 tax-deferred exchange and provide the contact information for the Qualified Intermediary.
- Tell us is you plan to be out of town during the escrow period or if a party to the transaction will be using a Power of Attorney.
- Advise us if an party will require the services of a translator
- Provide a forwarding address for post-closing documents
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO A SMOOTH AND SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION